Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Smooth


Spring is here, and before we know it, it's going to be time for shorts and skirts and tanks and other articles of clothing that show off the body parts we've been trying to hide all winter long. Which is great! Who doesn't love warm weather and skirts?

I have one teensy problem. I like to snack. At night. When I'm watching my shows. Like, tonight, I have The Biggest Loser, and I'll want to snack while I watch people work-out and weigh-in. I've been doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred and I've been liking it, but it's not enough. I'd love to pretend I'll never snack at night ever again, but let's just face it, that's never going to happen.

So. I've been making smoothies.

They are so good! And lower in calories and fat than, let's say, molten chocolate lava cake, or pound cake, or any kind of cake, really. And they're fun, so I enjoy my snack ten times more simply because there's a straw involved. Win-Win. Win.

I use a bit of V-8 Splash Tropical Blend juice, a couple dollops of non-fat organic vanilla yogurt and some fresh or frozen peaches, pineapples, sometimes a half of a banana, always about a cup of ice, and then I blend it up. And I always drink it with a straw.

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Right,it looks good but I am thinking the Cadbury's are way better right about now.

Post a Comment

<< Home