Thursday, April 9, 2009
My Everyday Style
I was discussing blogging about this very topic yesterday with my friend, Amanda during one of our many daily chats. She said I should, she's sick of reading about people's kids and then I said "Yeah, but I dress so boring, all I wear is jeans and a tank with a tee" and she was all "That's what I'm wearing! What, are you calling me boring, bitch?" (Oh, we're allowed to talk to each other like that. We go way, way, waaaay back. If real life were Harry Potter, she'd be my SecretKeeper.)

So, here's my everyday. I don't consider my self a boring person, of course... who does, really? But, I'll admit my wardrobe isn't very exciting. It's bountiful, sure, but full of lots of boring duplicates, of the same boring things, in every boring color they make Boring in.


Jeans. Everyday in the winter, spring and fall. And even some days during the summer but I never wear denim shorts. I really like my jeans to be old and broken in. And hanging off my ass so bad that I need a belt. Also, I LOVE holes, and rips and tears and stuff. In fact, my favorite jeans have a hole in the knee so large that I live in fear of falling asleep before Tim... I know he'd betray me and throw them away.

Tanks and Tees. I like V-neck tees because of my big ol' boo-bays. Crew necks make me look like I have one giant boob, I think. And I like wearing a contrasting colored tank under my tee, for what, I don't know? I think it makes me look skinnier? I like wearing different colors? I like it when Tim tells me I don't match? Therefore, I always wear one.

Cardigan sweaters. I'm obsessed, it's a sickness, really. They are so very cozy, and in the fall and spring, I often opt for a cardigan instead a jacket. I have all kinds of styles but prefer ones with huge pockets for toting chapsticks and treats. I wish I could say I wear brightly colored ones, but folks: it's always brown, black, tan, gray, ivory or white.

Shoes. I'm not one of "those" girls. Nope, not me. Again, I prefer my shoes to be broken in, just like my jeans. And then I wear them 'til they break. And then I cry and try to find an exact replacement but by then, so much time has passed, they're discontinued. It's traumatic. Right now, I'm real into my Pr!vo's. and my pseudo-Converse slip-ons from Target. They're both comfy for my wide ol' clown feet.

Jewels. I always wear my wedding band & engagement ring. Duh. And I usually wear my pearl earrings and my diamond studs simply because I wanna be like Prince. I also usually wear two of my Nana's pearl bracelets and my Name Disc Necklace, which is engraved with my boys names.

Nail Polish. My nails and toes are painted either Sweetheart pink or Eiffel For This Color blackish-wine nail polish at all times. I find the darker color to be so grossly obvious when it chips, so my polish color depends on how busy of a week I'm having.

That's it. Isn't that boring? I wish I dressed like Carrie on Sex and the City.

SO! I think that buying some fun things would be a spiffy idea. I've been DYING for jeans just like THESE! Also, I've been coveting this PinTucked Tunic Dress for weeks, although I think I'd still wear it with jeans because - wowzers - is it short and with two little boys, I do a great deal of bending and crouching and crawling and running and jumping and dancing and sometimes they like to hide under my dresses in public and jeans just make that all seem like not a Big Deal. And, honestly, my ass hanging out a dress does not make for a pretty picture. Just trust me.

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

Oh boy! I love those shoes!

Blogger Corie said...

I actually got mine at Marshall's for like $24 bucks!

Post a Comment

<< Home